To file a Civil claim in the 35th District Court, the business or person you are suing must do business, live in, or the event giving rise to the dispute must have occurred in the Canton, Northville, or Plymouth communities.
The Court handles the following Civil Matters:
- General Civil - matters involving lawsuits up to $25,000.
- Small Claims - Claim cannot exceed $5,500.
- Landlord Tenant & Evictions
- Locating the parties.
- Determining your course of action.
- Gathering your witnesses and evidence.
- Our clerks are not attorneys, and therefore cannot give legal advice.
- The Judge/magistrate may not and will not give advice on matters they may have to rule on.
- The Court can render money judgments only. As long as there is no criminal activity taking place the court has no power to force anyone to do something or to stop doing something.
|Civil Contact||Information:||Fax Number: (734)454-9303|
Deputy Clerk for Judge Gerou
Deputy Clerk for Judge Lowe
Deputy Clerk for Judge Plakas